Monday, February 25, 2013

Hi! It's been a while...

My apologies for not blogging in almost a year.

I have not abandoned this blog!  I've just been... busy.  :)  My other posts were a bit random and I never really told you about myself.  Well, actually, I told you maybe a little too much about myself.  

The whole point of this blog is to show that "normal" doesn't exist.  

We're all strange, quirky, unique, and weird.  What's normal to you is not normal for someone else.  Define normal.  Everyone would come up with a different answer.  Of course, it would also depend on what we're calling "normal."  I'm talking about in life... as a human being...  It's okay to not be a standard person and do what others expect of you.  What kind of life would that be, anyway?  

Don't confine yourself to a box labeled "Normal" because part of you is not going to fit in it.


So... I'm going to share my non-normal moments with you by writing about them here on this blog and sometimes having pictures to go along.  :)  

So enough talk.  It's story time!

Once upon a time... In Wal-Mart,

I know you know you think you know where this is going... if that makes sense... and you're probably right.  I was causing mischief.  This was maybe about a year or two ago.  I can't remember exactly.  Over a year ago, at least.  Kayla and I were wandering Wal-Mart when I saw some round colorful things!  They said that they were animal tents!  I was so excited!  In a matter of seconds, I had grabbed a pink one, tore the casing open, pulled out the circular tent and then it suddenly exploded into...



IT WAS A MOTHER FUCKING PINK HIPPO TENT!!!!  

"ERRRRMAHGERD!" I screamed.  How could I NOT go inside of it?  It looked so cozy and safe inside.  I didn't even think about it, I immediately dove right into the hippo tent.  It was magical.  It was spectacular.  It was freedom.  I was in a pink hippo tent in the middle of Wal-Mart and I felt like I was safe.  I didn't want to leave.  I wasn't going to leave.  Kayla can go.  I'm staying here in the hippo tent.  Kayla wasn't going for that, though...



As you can see, my joyous time was interrupted by Kayla's bickering and the awkwardness of a stranger approaching.  I wasn't sure what to do.  I was safe in the tent.  Should I get out and come back to reality?  Or do I stay in the tent until they go away?

I decided to not make such a scene anymore and get out of the tent.  The stranger left and Kayla and I tried to get the tent back into it's circular case... with great difficulty.  We were failing miserably.  I ran down the aisles until I found an employee.  I made him follow me back to where the tent and Kayla were.  He couldn't get the tent back in the case, either.  I felt terrible.  I felt like I broke the hippo tent or something, since it wouldn't go back in.  Another Wal-Mart employee came.  And then another.

How many Wal-Mart employees does it take to put a hippo tent back into it's case?

Three.  And it didn't go back in smoothly, either.  It looked... malformed on the outside of the case.  Kayla and I slowly backed away from the animal tents, awkwardly laughing and waving goodbye to the three employees.  I should have bought the thing.  Especially after causing so much trouble.  :(

After that... I never saw a happy pink hippo tent again.  I'll see it again, though... someday.  That day, I will not leave the hippo tent.  NEVER!

The End.  
:D




Oh, by the way, Kayla is one of my best friends as well as my cousin.  We're a few months apart and basically grew up together.  She made childhood awesome.  And she makes adulthood pretty rad too.  :D  <3

If you have any questions, go throw down a comment and I'll get to them soon.  :D  Also, like 'I Swear I Am Normal' on Facebook.  



THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoy this. Keep em' comin!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I'll try my best. ;D